(THE GIST OF PIB) Phosphor-Gypsum : March-2023
(THE GIST OF PIB) Phosphor-Gypsum
- The National Highways Authority of India along with the Department of Fertilizers, and the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers is going to take up field trials on NHAI projects for use of Phosphor-Gypsum in National Highway construction.
- Phosphorus is a mineral critical to all life on Earth. As a requirement of all biological beings, it is a cornerstone of nutrition for plants, animals, and people.
- Phosphogypsum is a waste by-product from the processing of phosphate rock in plants producing phosphoric acid and phosphate fertilizers, such as superphosphate.
- It is used in agriculture for soil amendment or as fertilizer, as well as in the brick and cement industry, and road construction.
Key facts about NHAI
- It was constituted by an Act of Parliament in 1988under the administrative control of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- NHAI has been set up as a Central Authority to develop, maintain and manage the National Highways entrusted to it by the Government of India.
- The Authority consists of a full-time Chairman and not more than five full-time Members and four part-time Members who are appointed by the Central Government.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FULL PDF
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UPSC E-BOOKS
Study Material for UPSC General Studies Pre Cum Mains
Get The Gist 1 Year Subscription Online
Click Here to Download More Free Sample Material
<<Go Back To Main Page