(The Gist of PIB) Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
PMMSY (Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and dairying) intends to address critical gaps in fish production and productivity, quality, technology, post-harvest infrastructure and management etc.
- It primarily focuses on adopting 'Cluster or Area based approaches' and creation of Fisheries clusters through backward and forward linkages.
- It will be implemented as an umbrella scheme with two separate Components-
- Central Sector Scheme (100% central funding) i.e entire project/unit cost will be borne by central Government.
Key objectives of the scheme:
- Harnessing of fisheries potential
- Enhancing offish production and productivity
- Modernizing and strengthening of value chain - post -harvest management and quality improvement
- Doubling fishers and fish farmers incomes and generation of employment
- Enhancing contribution to Agriculture GVA and exports
- Social, physical and economic security for fishers and fish farmers Robust fisheries management and regulatory framework
Centrally Sponsored Scheme include:
- Enhancement of Production and Productivity Infrastructure and Post-Harvest Management Fisheries Management and Regulatory Framework It will be implemented from FY 2020-21 to FY 2024-25.
- PMMSY envisage suitable linkages and convergence with various other schemes such as MGNREGS for ponds construction and water bodies development; NRLM for marketing; Sagarmala project for fishing harbours.
- PM also launched e-Gopala app, a comprehensive breed improvement marketplace and information portal for direct use of farmers.
- It will help in managing livestock including buying and selling of disease-free germplasm in all forms, guiding farmers for animal nutrition, treatment of animals using appropriate medicine etc.