(THE GIST OF PIB) Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2021
Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2021
The Minister of Jal Shakti Ministry presided over the e-launch of Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2021 under Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase -II at an event organized by Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS).
- The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS) will undertake Swachh Survekshan Gramin 2021 countrywide to support acceleration of ODF Plus interventions and increase momentum for improving ODF Sustainability as well as Solid and Liquid Waste Management (SLWM) activities across the villages in the country.
- DDWS had commissioned Swachh Survekshan Gramin (SSG)on two occasions earlier in 2018 and 2019.
- As part of Swachh Survekshan Gramin 17,475 villages in 698 Districts across India will be covered. 87,250 public places namely schools, anganwadis, public health centres, haat/bazaars/religious places in these 17,475 villages will be visited for survey.
- In line with the Swachh Bharat Mission phase II program, SSG 2021 would focus on assessing ODF Sustainability and Implementation of ODF Plus in the villages.
- Many new elements have been added in the SSG 2021. These elements include – Assessment of Solid, Liquid, Plastic Waste and faecal Sludge Management Arrangements, Awareness on Menstrual Hygiene and Management and Disposal Arrangements for Menstrual Waste.
The weightage to different elements of the SSG 2021 are as below:
- Direct Observation of sanitation in villages including HHs/public places -30%
- Citizen’s Feedback including feedback from common citizens, key influencers at the village level and from citizens online using a mobile App -35%
- Service Level Progress on sanitation related parameters -35%