(The Gist of PIB) Visvesvaraya Best Teachers Award 2020
(THE GIST OF PIB) Visvesvaraya Best Teachers Award 2020
Visvesvaraya Best Teachers Award 2020
- The first ever AICTE Visvesvarya Best Teacher Awards 2020 were presented by Union Minister of Education to 12 faculty members of AICTE approved institutes on the occasion of Engineers Day.
- The Awards has been introduced for the first time to identify extraordinary teachers and recognize their excellence, best practice and innovativeness in field of higher technical education at national level for Degree and Diploma institutions.
- This scheme is aimed to recognize the meritorious faculties on the Engineer's Day every year at National level and, encourage them to update themselves to the ever changing needs of higher education at global level and thereby becoming an effective contributor towards the society.
- The evaluation parameters were predefined with focus on research, 360-degree feedback, contribution to student development and resolution of societal problems.
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE):
- The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) is the statutory body and a national-level council for technical education, under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education.
- It was established in 1945 first as an advisory body and later on in 1987 given statutory status by an Act of Parliament.