(THE GIST OF PIB) World Radio Day
World Radio Day
- Prime Minister of India has greeted all radio listeners and those who enrich this outstanding medium with their talent as well as creativity on World Radio Day.
- World Radio Day is an international day celebrated on 13th February each year.
- The Day was decided by UNESCO on 3 November 2011 during its 36th conference and adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2012 as an International Day
- The theme of the 2022 edition of World Radio Day is devoted to ‘Radio and Trust’.
- On the occasion of World Radio Day 2022, UNESCO calls on radio stations to celebrate the Day through three sub-themes:
1. Trust in radio journalism: Produce independent and high-quality content;
2. Trust and accessibility: Take care of your audience;
3. Trust and viability of radio stations: Ensure competitiveness.