(The Gist of PIB) AIS-155 [JANUARY-2020]
(The Gist of PIB) AIS-155
- The Union Ministry of Road Transport issued a notification regarding Automotive Industry Standards (AIS)-155 in respect of Microdot identifiers if affixed on the motor vehicles and their parts.
- This was done through amendment in Rule 92 of the Central Motor vehicles (Fourteenth Amendment) Rules 1989.
- As per a new notification, the Manufacturers who are affixing microdot identifiers in the motor vehicles and their parts, components, assemblies, sub-assemblies shall conform to Automotive Industry Standards (AIS)-155 as amended from time to time.”
About Microdot Technology:
- Microdot technology involves spraying the body and parts of the vehicle or any other machine with microscopic dots, which give a unique identification.
- The microdots and adhesive will become permanent fixtures/affixation which cannot be removed without damaging the asset, that is the vehicle itself.
- These nearly invisible microdots can only be read physically with a microscope and identified with ultra violet light source.
- Use of this technology will help check theft of vehicles and also use of fake spare parts.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here