(The Gist of PIB) BC Sakhi and Bank Sakhis [APRIL-2020]
(The Gist of PIB) BC Sakhi and Bank Sakhis
BC Sakhi and Bank Sakhis
- SHG women working as Business Correspondents for banks (BC Sakhis) and Bank Sakhis playing a vital role in the disbursement of the first tranche of ex-gratia of Rs.500/- to women PMJDY accounts amidst COVID-19 Lockdown.
- Around 8800 BC Sakhi and 21600 Bank Sakhi, around 50% of both cadre voluntarily started working amidst Lockdown across the country right from Assam, Mizoram, Sikkim, Manipur to Bihar, Jharkhand, Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, West Bengal, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, and Tamilnadu.
- Bank Sakhis are supporting Bank Branch Managers in managing rush at branches during DBT payment and ensuring the social distancing of customers by creating awareness among the rural communities.
- SHG members engaged as BC Sakhi/ Bank Sakhi are playing a vital role in ensuring the disbursement of financial relief packages provided by the Government of India.
- BC Sakhi/ Bank Sakhi has become a focal point person in disseminating information regarding the financial relief packages announced by the Government of India in the rural areas, through which financial provisions laid down under PMGKY, PM Kisan and MGNREGS reach the population during COVID-19 pandemic.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here