(The Gist of PIB) BEE launches star rating programme for Deep Freezer and Air Conditioners [MARCH-2020]
(The Gist of PIB) BEE launches star rating programme for Deep Freezer and Air Conditioners
BEE launches star rating programme for Deep Freezer and Air Conditioners
- To commemorate its 19th foundation day, Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power organized a Stakeholder Consultation to develop a vision towards building an energy efficient India.
- On this occasion, BEE expanded the coverage of its star labelling programme by including energy efficient Deep freezer and Light Commercial Air Conditioners (LCAC). With this inclusion BEE will cover 26 appliances.
- Deep freezer and Light Commercial Air Conditioners (LCAC) are major energy guzzlers in commercial space.
- The program will be initially launched in voluntary mode from 2nd March, 2020 to 31st December, 2021. Thereafter, it will be made mandatory after reviewing the degree of market transformation in this particular segment of appliances.
- Through this initiative, it is expected to save around 2.8 Billion Units by FY2030, which is equivalent to GreenHouse Gas (GHG) reduction of 2.4-million-ton Carbon Dioxide.
- The Star Labeling Programme has been formulated by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency, under the Energy Conservation Act, 2001.
- During the event, a database on energy efficiency named UrjaDakshata Information Tool (UDIT) was also launched. This initiative has been taken by the BEE with the World Resources Institute (WRI).
- It is a user-friendly platform that explains the energy efficiency landscape of India across industry, appliances, building, transport, municipal and agriculture sectors.
- It will also showcase the capacity building and new initiatives taken up by the Government across the sectors in the increased energy efficiency domain.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here