(The Gist of PIB) Ekam Fest [MARCH-2020]
(The Gist of PIB) Ekam Fest
- Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot will inaugurate the week long Exhibition-cum-Fair “EKAM Fest” organised by National Handicapped Finance Development Corporation(NHFDC) in New Delhi.
- EKAM Fest is an effort for promoting entrepreneurship and knowledge among the Divyangjan community, generating awareness among society about potentialities of PwDs to provide a major marketing opportunity to PwDs entrepreneurs.
- NHFDC Foundation is making efforts for development of a brand and platform for marketing of products of these determined entrepreneurs.
- Accordingly, the name of the brand has arrived at Ekam (Entrepreneurship, Knowledge, Awareness, Marketing).
- The word Ekam also represents the inclusiveness, oneness and unity which appropriately describe the efforts being put in by NHFDC to develop the marketing platform and aggregation of the products through promotion of entrepreneurship, knowledge sharing, Awareness creation and marketing initiatives amongst the Divyangjan.
- NHFDC is an Apex corporation under the aegis of Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and has been working since 1997.
- It is registered as a company not for profit and provides financial assistance to the Divyangjan/Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan/PwDs) for their economic rehabilitation and provides a number of skill development programmes to empower them to grow & sustain their enterprises.
- To empower the Divyang and marginalized groups of the society more closely, NHFDC has taken a step forward and established NHFDC Foundation.
- Recognizing the absence of a connection with the market which hinders fair prices and volumes in sale of the unorganized tiny Divyang entrepreneurs, NHFDC Foundation is making efforts for development of a brand and platform for marketing of products of these determined entrepreneurs.
Measures taken by NHFDC:
- NHFDC Swavalamban Kendra (NSK): NHFDC has taken an initiative to establish PWD owned micro skill training Centers throughout
- the country for skill training of PwDs. These NSKs will have a capacity to provide quality skill training to around 120 PwDs per year. The PwD owner of the NSK is expected to earn around Rs 20,000 per month.
- Safe Cabs in Delhi and Indore: NHFDC has made arrangements with Sakha Cabs where the PwD owned commercial vehicles will be driven by the Women drivers to provide safe taxi options for the women, children and senior citizen commuters. Such Sfe cabs are already in operation at New Delhi and Indore Airport. The vehicles here are financed by NHFDC under its scheme.
- Safe Drinking Water E Carts: NHFDC has recently agreed to finance E-carts fitted with RO water dispensing vending machines. These carts will sell water in paper glasses maintaining hygiene. The carts will be supported in operation by Bharat Jal. The PwD owner is expected to earn Rs 10,000/- to Rs 15,000/- per month in the operation of these carts.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here