(The Gist of PIB) Exercise SURYA
KIRAN – XIV
Exercise SURYA KIRAN – XIV
- Joint military exercise ‘SURYA KIRAN – XIV’ between India and Nepal will
be conducted at Saljhandi, Rupandehi district of Nepal from 03 to 16
- The exercise will comprise of 300 soldiers from both Indian and Nepal
Army who would be sharing their experience in conduct of various counter
insurgency and counter terrorism operations as also various humanitarian
assistance missions by both the Armies.
- Exercise SURYA KIRAN – XIV is an annual event which is conducted
alternatively in Nepal and India.
- Exercise SURYA KIRAN with Nepal is an important exercise in terms of the
security challenges faced by both the nations in the realm of changing
facets of global terrorism.
- The aim of this exercise is to conduct a Battalion level combined
training between Indian Army and Nepal Army to increase interoperability in
jungle warfare and counter terrorist operations in mountainous terrain,
humanitarian assistance and disaster relief, medical and environmental
conservation including aviation aspects.
- The joint military exercise will enhance the level of defence
cooperation which will further foster the bilateral relations between the
National Awards for outstanding work done towards empowerment of PwDs
- The Vice President of India Venkiah Naidu will Confer National Awards
for outstanding work done towards empowerment of PwDs on International Day
of Persons with Disabilities on 3rd December.
- On the occasion of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities
i.e. 3rd December, the Department of Empowerment of Persons with
Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice confers National
Awards for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
- These are conferred on Individuals, Institutions, Organisations,
State/District etc for their outstanding achievements and work done towards
empowerment of Persons with Disabilities every year.
- All the 21 disabilities specified in the Rights of Persons with
Disabilities Act, 2016 have been included under the National Award
National Awards for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities for the
year 2019, are being given under 14 (Fourteen) categories here under:-
- Best Employee/Self-Employed Person with Disabilities;
- Best Employers and Placement Officers and/or Agencies;
- Best Individual and Institution, working for the cause of Empowerment of
Persons with Disabilities;
- Role Model;
- Best Applied Research or Innovation or Product, aimed at improving the
life of Persons with Disabilities;
- Outstanding Work in creation of barrier-free environment for Persons
- Best District in providing rehabilitation services;
- Best State Channelising Agency of the National Handicapped Finance and
Development Corporation (NHFDC);
- Outstanding Creative Adult Person with Disabilities;
- Best Creative Child with Disabilities;
- Best Accessible Website;
- Best State (i) in promoting Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities; &
(ii) for implementation of Accessible India Campaign.
- Best Sports-person with Disabilities.