(The Gist of PIB) Schemes to promote the culture of tribals [MARCH-2020]
(The Gist of PIB) Schemes to promote the culture of tribals
Schemes to promote the culture of tribals
- Union Minister of Culture informed Lok Sabha that various schemes have been launched to preserve and promote languages, folk dance, Art and culture of tribals.
Key highlights of the scheme launched by Zonal Cultural Centres (ZCCs):
- Guru Shishya Parampara: This scheme envisages transmitting our valued traditions to the coming generations. Disciples are trained under veterans in art forms which are rare and vanishing.
- Shilpgram: To promote folk and tribal art and crafts of the zone by organizing seminars, workshops, exhibitions, craft fairs, design development and marketing support to the artisans living in the rural areas.
- Octave: To promote and propagate the rich cultural heritage of the North East region comprising eight States namely Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur and Tripura to the rest of India.
- National Cultural Exchange Programme (NCEP): Under this scheme, various festivals of performing arts, exhibitions, yatras etc are organized in member States.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here