(The Gist of PIB) “Web- Wonder Women”
“Web- Wonder Women” Campaign
The Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India, has
launched an online campaign, ‘#www : Web- Wonder Woman’. The Campaign aims to
discover and celebrate the exceptional achievements of women, who have been
driving positive agenda of social change via social media.
Aim of this campaign
- Through the campaign, the Ministry and the Campaign’s Partners aim to
recognize the fortitude of Indian women stalwarts from across the globe who
have used the power of social media to run positive & niche campaigns to
steer a change in society.
- This Campaign will recognize and acknowledge the efforts of these
Details of this campaign
- The Campaign invites Entries via Nominations from across the world, as
per the laid out criteria.
- Nominations are now open till 31st January, 2019.
Indian-origin women, working or settled anywhere in the world, are eligible
- The shortlisted entries will be open for public voting on Twitter and
the finalists will be selected by a specialized panel of judges.
- Nominations have been invited in a large number of categories including
Health, Media, Literature, Art, Sports, Environmental protection, fashion