(The Gist of PIB) Yuwaah Youth Skilling Initiative
Yuwaah Youth Skilling Initiative
- UNICEF has launched ‘YuWaah’ Generation Unlimited in India on 1.11.2019.
• According to UNICEF, Generation Unlimited, called You Wash in India, is a
multi-stakeholder alliance which aims to facilitate youth to gain relevant
skills for productive lives and the future of work.
• The target age group of YuWaah includes adolescent girls and boys.
• Its key mission is to promote access to foundational, transferable and 21st
century skills for youth inside and outside formal education systems, which
includes defining foundational skills, life skills and flexible learning and
identifying and scaling impactful delivery models.
• YuWaah intends to create platforms to guide youth to market opportunities
(career guidance, mentorship, internships, apprenticeships) and facilitate
integration of career guidance in school education.