(The Gist of Science Reporter) Gel-like Fluid to Prevent Wildfires [JANUARY-2020]
(The Gist of Science Reporter) Gel-like Fluid to Prevent Wildfires
Gel-like Fluid to Prevent Wildfires
- Stanford University researchers have developed a cellulose-based gel-like fluid which can be coated over vegetation by spraying through standard agricultural equipment or an aircraft to prevent wildfires.
- The technology could combat Earth’s oceans — the Mariana Trench -- eats oil.
- During the study of the collected microbial population samples, researchers found a hydrocarbon-degrading bacteria which was abundant at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
- Such microbes could eat compounds similar to those in oil and then could be used for fuel.
- The study was published in Micro biome.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here
Courtesy: Science Reporter