(The Gist of Science Reporter) Goldschmidt Ite — New Mineral in Diamond [JANUARY-2020]
(The Gist of Science Reporter) Goldschmidt Ite — New Mineral in Diamond
Goldschmidt Ite — New Mineral in Diamond
- A new and unusual mineral has been discovered by an Alberta student as inclusion in diamond from a volcanic site in South Africa.
- It was named as Goldschmidt Site in honour of mineralogist Victor Moritz Goldschmidt.
- According to the study, the mineral is dark green and opaque found about 170 kilometres beneath the Earth’s surface.
- Goldschmidt It contains a high concentration of niobium, potassium and rare elements.
- Potassium and niobium are the main components in the mineral which is very rare in the mantle.
- The research has been published in the American Mineralogist.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here
Courtesy: Science Reporter