(The Gist of Science Reporter) PIT Tags for Fish [MARCH-2020]
(The Gist of Science Reporter) PIT Tags for Fish
PIT Tags for Fish
- Passive Integrated Transponder or PIT tags, are used to assess migration patterns in endangered species of fishes.
- These tags workin the same manner as microchips.
- The Tags consist of small radio transponders that contain a specific code, providing fishes, amphibians, reptiles, and birds a unique 10 or 15 digit alphanumeric identification number.
- It also works in the absence of a battery.
- This feature allows the production of smaller tags that can be used on smaller organisms.
This is Only Sample Material, To Get Full Materials Buy The Gist 1 Year Subscription - "Only PDF" Click Here
Courtesy: Science Reporter