(GIST OF SCIENCE REPORTER) MCQs on National Technology Day
MCQs on National Technology Day
1. Name the organization that has developed Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs).
2. Who is the Programme Director and Chief Designer of ‘Tejas’ indigenously built light combat aircraft of India?
a) Kota Harinarayana
b) Shanti Swaroop Bhatnagar
c) C.N.R. Rao
d) Jagdish Shukla
3. The supercomputer Flosolver of India was developed and designed by
4. Which organisation completes 80 years of service to the nation in 2022?
5. Who established the Indian Atomic Energy Commission and when?
a) Lal Bahadur Shastri, 12 August 1949
b) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, 14 August 1949
c) Lal Bahadur Shastri, 13 August 1950
d) Jawaharlal Nehru, 10 August 1948
6. Which Indian scientist is popularly known as the missile man of India?
a) Meghnad Saha
b) Vikram Sarabhai
c) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
d) C.V. Raman
7. Who is known as the architect of PARAM series supercomputers?
a) Vijay P Bhatkar
b) PC Ray
c) M.S. Swaminathan
d) Venkatraman Ramakrishnan
8. Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, has installed and commissioned the supercomputer ______________.
a) Param Yuva
b) Param Siddhi
c) Param Pravega
d) Param Shakti
9. When is National Technology Day celebrated?
a) 9 May
b) 24 May
c) 10 May
d) 11 May
10. India’s maiden space mission _________ developed by ISRO will be launched in the year ______.
a) Gaganyaan, 2023
b) Gaganyaan, 2025
c) Chandrayaan, 2022
d) Mangalyaan, 2023
11. Which Indian Institute has identified Next-generation probiotic bacterium Lactobacillus plantarum JBC5?
a) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati
b) Institute of Advanced Study in Science and Technology (IASST), Guwahati
c) Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
d) Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
12. Among the following, which Indian scientist is known as the “Father of Indian Chemistry”?
a) M.S. Swaminathan
b) Meghnad Saha
c) Har Gobind Singh Khorana
d) Prafulla Chandra Ray
13. Which Indian origin computer scientist had significant contributions to the growth of the AI system and was the winner of the A.M. Turing Award in 1994?
a) Sankar Kumar Pal
b) Balaraman Ravindran
c) Raj Reddy
d) Pushpak Bhattacharyya
14. Name the Indian physicist associated with the development of India’s Atomic Bomb?
a) C.V. Raman
b) Satyendranath Bose
c) Raja Ramanna
d) A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
15. Which organization developed Oxygen Enrichment Technology for the treatment of COVID patients?
Courtesy: Science Reporter