(GIST OF YOJANA) Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao is a collaborative initiative being run by Ministry
of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Human Resource Development and
Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and it covers all Indian States and Union
Territories. This flagship scheme was launched in the year 2015. The scheme has
three primary objectives:
- Prevent female infanticide.
- Devise new schemes and work cohesively to ensure that every girl child
is secured and protected.
- Ensure every child gets quality education.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is a small deposit scheme for the girl child
launched as part of the ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ campaign by the
Government of India. It is meant exclusively for a girl child. The scheme is
meant to meet the education and marriage expenses of a girl child. The
scheme offers 9.1 per cent tax free rate of interest which is compounded
annually. A legal guardian/natural guardian can open an account in the name
of the girl child. The account can be closed after completion of 21 years. .
Normal premature closure will be allowed after completion of 18 years
provided that girl is married.
- Budget 2018-19 aims to ensure ii rapid economic development. And there
is no tool for development more effective than the empowerment of women and
addressing gender equality.