(Notification) UPSC : Combined Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2016-17
No. 6/1/2020-CS.I (F). - The rules for a Combined Section Officers'! Stenographers' (Grade B'! Grade-i) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination for the years 2016 & 2017 to be held by the Union Public Service Commission, for additions in the Select Lists for the Section Officers' Grade and Stenographers' (Grade 'B'!Grade-I) of the Services mentioned below are, with the concurrence of the Ministries concerned, published for general information.
- Section Officers' Grade of the Central Secretariat Service.
- Section Officer Grade of the General Cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch 'B'
- Section Officers' Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service
- Private Secretary Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers' Service.
- Private Secretary Grade of the Stenographers' Cadre of the h1dian Foreign Service, Branch 'B'
- Grade 'A' & 'B' merged of the Armed Forces Headquarters Stenographers' Service.
- Grade 'B' of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers' Service.
- Section Officers' Grade of the Intelligence Bureau.
- Private Secretary Grade in Employees' State Insurance Corporation
A candidate who is eligible for more than one year of examination or for two Categories of Service ( c.f. Rule 3) and wishes to compete for both, need fill in only one application.
Selection Process :
(a) Written examination carrying maximum of 500 marks in the subjects as shown in para 2 below.
b) A qualifying Shorthand test in Hindi or English at 100 w.p.m.
Note I- All the candidates competing for Categories IV, V, VI, VII and IX will be required to take qualifying shorthand test at the time of the written examination. However, evaluation of record of service will be done of only those candidates who qualify both in the written examination as well as in the Shorthand Test.
Note II. Candidates will be required to transcribe their shorthand notes on Computers (PCs) which will
be provided at the Examination centre by the Commission.
How To Apply:
a. Candidates must apply Online by using the link given in the website www.upsc.gov.in. The Online Application Form can be filled from 15th September, 2021 to 05th October, 2021 till 6.00 p.m. after which the link will be disabled.
b. Candidates should ensure that all columns of the Online Application Form are filled in correctly. No correspondence will be entertained by the Commission from candidates to change any of the entries made in the Application Form.
Last Date : 05 October, 2021 (till 6.00 p.m.),