GS Mains Model Question & Answer: Highlight the significance of Good Governance. Comment
Q. Highlight the significance of Good Governance. Comment
Highlight the significance of Good Governance.
Ans. Good governance aims at achieving much more than efficient management of
economic and financial resources or public services. It is a broad reform
strategy to make government more open, responsive, accountable, democratic, as
well as strengthen institutions of civil society and regulate private sector.
Good Governance is a combination of efficiency concerns of public management and
accountability concerns of governance. Good Governance as a prerequisite for
promoting people centred development is assuming importance.
Good Governance aims at :
- Improving the quality of life of citizens
- Enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of administration
- Establishing the legitimacy and credibility of institutions
- Securing freedom of information and expression
- Providing citizen-friendly and citizen-caring administration
- Ensuring accountability
- Using Information Technology-based services to improve citizen-government
- Improving/enhancing the productivity of employees; and
- Promoting organisational pluralism-State, market and civil society
organisations for governance.