(Download) UPSC IAS Mains General Studies (Paper-1) Exam Paper - 2017
Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society
Exam Name: UPSC IAS Mains General Studies (Paper-1)
Exam Date: 30-10-2017
- How do you justify the view that the level of excellence of Gupta Numismatic Art is not at all noticeable in later times ? (150 words)
- Clarify how Mid-eighteenth century India was beset with the spectre of a fragmented Polity ? (150 words)
- Why did the Moderates fails to carry conviction with the nation about their proclaimed ideology and political goals by the end of nineteenth century? (150 words)
- What problems were germane to the decolonization in the Malay Peninsula? (150 words)
- How does the Juno Mission of NASA help to understand the origin and evolution of earth ? (150 words)
- “In spite of adverse environmental impact, coal mining is still inevitable for Development”. Discuss. (150 words)
- Mention the advantages of Cultivation of pulses because of which year 2016 was declared as the International year of Pulses By the United Nations. (150 words)
- How does the crysosphere affect global climate ? (150 words)
- In the context of diversity of India, can it be said that the regions form cultural units rather than the states? Give reasons with examples for your viewpoint. (150 words).
- What are the two major legal initiatives by state since Independence, addressing discrimination against Scheduled Tribes (ST) ? (150 words).
- The spirit and tolerance not only an interesting feature of Indian Society from very early times but it is also playing an important role in the present. Elaborate. (250 words).
- Examine how the decline of artisanal industry in colonial India crippled the rural economy.(250 words)
- Highlight the importance of the new objectives that got added to the vision of Indian Independence since the twenties of the last century. (250 words)
- Account for variations in oceanic salinity and discuss its multi-dimensional effects.
- Petroleum refineries are not necessarily located nearer to crude oil producing areas, particularly in many of the developing countries. Explain its implications. (250 words)
- In what way can floods be converted to sustainable source of irrigation and all weather inland navigation in India ? (250 words)
- What characteristics can be assigned to monsoon climate that succeeds in feeding more than 50 percent of World population residing in Monsoon Asia ? (250 words)
- The women’s questions arose in modern India as the part of 19th century social reform movement. What are the major issues and debates concerning women in that period? (250 words)
- Distinguish between religiousness/religiosity and Communalism giving one example of how the farmer has got transformed into latter in Independent India? (250 words)
- “The growth of cities as I.T Hubs has opened new avenues of employment, but has also created new problems”. Substantiate this statement with examples. (250 words).
HOT! UPSC GS STUDY Kit Offer (1000/- Off)
Call Us at +91 8800734161 (MON-SAT 11AM-7PM)