(Download) UPSC IAS Mains General Studies (Paper-1) Exam Paper - 2017
Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society
Exam Name: UPSC IAS Mains General Studies (Paper-1)
Exam Date: 30-10-2017
- How do you justify the view that the level of excellence of Gupta Numismatic Art is not at all noticeable in later times ? (150 words)
- Clarify how Mid-eighteenth century India was beset with the spectre of a fragmented Polity ? (150 words)
- Why did the Moderates fails to carry conviction with the nation about their proclaimed ideology and political goals by the end of nineteenth century? (150 words)
- What problems were germane to the decolonization in the Malay Peninsula? (150 words)
- How does the Juno Mission of NASA help to understand the origin and evolution of earth ? (150 words)
- “In spite of adverse environmental impact, coal mining is still inevitable for Development”. Discuss. (150 words)
- Mention the advantages of Cultivation of pulses because of which year 2016 was declared as the International year of Pulses By the United Nations. (150 words)
- How does the crysosphere affect global climate ? (150 words)
- In the context of diversity of India, can it be said that the regions form cultural units rather than the states? Give reasons with examples for your viewpoint. (150 words).
- What are the two major legal initiatives by state since Independence, addressing discrimination against Scheduled Tribes (ST) ? (150 words).
- The spirit and tolerance not only an interesting feature of Indian Society from very early times but it is also playing an important role in the present. Elaborate. (250 words).
- Examine how the decline of artisanal industry in colonial India crippled the rural economy.(250 words)
- Highlight the importance of the new objectives that got added to the vision of Indian Independence since the twenties of the last century. (250 words)
- Account for variations in oceanic salinity and discuss its multi-dimensional effects.
- Petroleum refineries are not necessarily located nearer to crude oil producing areas, particularly in many of the developing countries. Explain its implications. (250 words)
- In what way can floods be converted to sustainable source of irrigation and all weather inland navigation in India ? (250 words)
- What characteristics can be assigned to monsoon climate that succeeds in feeding more than 50 percent of World population residing in Monsoon Asia ? (250 words)
- The women’s questions arose in modern India as the part of 19th century social reform movement. What are the major issues and debates concerning women in that period? (250 words)
- Distinguish between religiousness/religiosity and Communalism giving one example of how the farmer has got transformed into latter in Independent India? (250 words)
- “The growth of cities as I.T Hubs has opened new avenues of employment, but has also created new problems”. Substantiate this statement with examples. (250 words).