Model Questions for UPSC PRE CSAT PAPER SET - 61
Direction: In each question below is given a statement followed by two
assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the
following assumption and decide which of the following assumption is implicit in
the statement. Given answer.
(a) If only assumption I is implicit
(b) If only assumption II is implicit
(c) If neither I nor II is implicit
(d) If both I and II are implicit
1. Statement: The union government has decided to withdraw existing tax
relief on vasious small saving schemes in a phased manner to augment its tax
(I) People may still continue to keep money in small savings schemes and also
(II) The total tax collection may increase sustantially.
2. Statement: World Health Organization has decided to double its
assistance to various health programmes in India as per capita expenditure on
health in India is very low compared to many other countries.
(I) The enhanced assistance may substantially increase the per capita
expenditure on health in India and bring it on per with other countries.
(II) The government funding is less than adequate to provide basic medical
facilities in India.
3. Statement: The government has decided to levy 2% on the tax amount
payable for funding drought relief programmes.
(I) The government does not have sufficient money to fund drought relief
(II) The amount collected by way of surcharge may be adequate to fund these
drought relief programmes.
4. Statement: Should the government introduce a system of obtaining bond
from students for working in India before sanctioning education loans for higher
(I) No, this is not a workable solution and will obstruct the development of
young talents in the country.
(II) Yes, this is the only way to ensure use of talents of our country for the
development of the country and not an individual.
5. In what proportion should water and juice at Rs 20.00 a litre he mixed
to reduce the price to Rs 5 a litre?
(a) 3 : 1
(b) 1 : 3
(c) 2 : 3
(d) 4 : 7
6. Find the least number of boxes of pens required to fill a rectangular
floor of 15.17 m length and 9.02m breadth?
(d) None of these
7. The age of Rahul is 60% more than Ravi’s age and the age of Roshan is
3/2 times the age of Ravi. If the sum of ages of Rahul, Ravi and Roshan is 125
years, than what is ratio of the ages of Ravi to that of Roshan?
(a) 1 : 2
(b) 2 : 3
(c) 3 : 4
(d) 4 : 5
8. The ratio of the angles of a quadrilateral is 3 : 6 : 4 : 7. Half the
second largest angle of the quadrilateral is equal to the smaller angle of the
parallelogram. What is the value of the adjacent angle of the parallelogram?
9. In a two digit number the digit in unit’s place is one more than twice
the digit in Ten’s place. If the difference between half of these two digit is
2, than what is half of the numbers?
10. In a party each person shakes their hands with all other person. If
the total number of handshakes were 66, than how many persons were present in
1 (a) 2 (d) 3 (c) 4 (a) 5 (b) 6 (c) 7 (d) 8 (d) 9 (a)