Model Questions for UPSC PRE GS PAPER SET -4
1. Which of the following clearly defines the objective of the scheme
“Assistance India club”?
(a) To provide economic assistance to India.
(b) To provide intensive cash package for development of SCIST
(c) Assistance for education of minorities
(d) Special help package for women and children (below age of 6 years)
2. Economic reforms intiated in 1991 comprised of the following:
(1) Stabllity programme
(2) Structural Adjustment programme
(3) Conditionally clause & imposed by the IMF and World Bank.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(a) 2 only
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3 only
3. Which of the following describes the objective of intensive Agriculture
(a) Development of fertilisers specific to certain crops
(b) Development of intensive irrigation in infrastructure.
(c) Development of intensive area based agriculture complexes.
(d) Development of specialized crops.
4. Which of the following comprised “monetary stimulus package” by the RBI
to revive the economy after the 2008 global meltdown?
(1) Reduction of CRR
(2) Reduction of Repo and Reserve Repo notes
(3) Reduction of SLR
(4) Curbs on commercial banks lending for consumer durables.
Select the correct answer from the codes below:
(a) 1, 2, 3 and 4
(b) 1, 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 2 only
(d) 2 and 3 only
5. Which of the following best defines the objective of command area
(a) Making irrigational facilities available for big and small projects
(b) Making irrigational facilities available for big, medium and small projects
(c) Making irrigational facilities available for medium and small projects
(d) None of the above
6. Consider the following:
(1) Downsizing of bureaucracy
(2) Disinvestment of shares of public sector undertakings
(3) Reduction of subsidies
Which of the above can be used as measures to control the fiscal deficit
(a) 2 and 3 only
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c) 1, 2 and 3 only
(d) 3 only
7. The twenty point programme was launched in 1975. which of the following
can best be described as the ultimate objective envisioned by the programme?
(a) To ensure employment for BPL urban area.
(b) To accelerate pending irrigation projects in states.
(c) To focus on livelihood creation for women in urban areas
(d) To enhance living status of the people.
8. In context to ‘Credit Rating scheme’ in India consider the following
(i) Credit Rating Scheme for medium and micro small enterprise was launched
in the year 2004.
(ii) ONICRA is not an accredited Credit Rating Agency of India.
(iii) National small industries Corporation has been appointed as implementing
agency for this scheme.
Which of the above statement(s) is/are correct?
(a) Only (i) and (ii)
(b) Only (i) and (iii)
(c) Only (iii)
(d) (i), (ii) and (iii)
9. What is the source of energy in an exothermic chemical reaction?
(a) Some mass gets converted into energy as per the famous equation, E = mc2.
(b) Because of breaking and formation of bonds.
(c) Because of the difference in activity of the atoms of the chemical reaction
and the surrounding molecules.
(d) None of the above.
10. The sky is blue and the clouds (non-rainy) are white ‘because of:
(a) Scattering of light in both the cases.
(b) Scattering of light in case of sky and destructive interference of light in
the case of clouds.
(c) Scattering of light in case of sky and diffraction of light in the case of
(d) None of these
1 (A), 2 (D), 3 (D), 4 (B), 5 (A), 6 (C), 7 (D), 8 (C), 9 (A), 10 (A)