(INFO) UPSC : Highlights of UPSC Result 2018
The final results of Civil Services Examination (CSE), 2018 have been declaredtoday, the 5th April, 2019. The following are the highlights of the result:
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2018 was conducted on 3rdJune, 2018. 10,65,552 candidates applied for this examination, out of which 4,93,972 candidates actually appeared.
- A total of 10,468 candidates qualified for appearance in the Written (Main) Examination which was held in Sep – Oct, 2018.
- A total of 1994 candidates qualified for the Personality Test conducted in Feb - Mar, 2019.
- A total of 759 candidates (577 men and 182 women) have been recommended by the Commission for appointment to various Services.
- Shri KanishakKataria (Roll No. 1133664) has topped the Civil Services Examination, 2018. He belongs to SC Category. He qualified the examination with Mathematics as his optional subject. hHe has graduated with B. Tech (Computer Science& Engineering) degree from IIT, Bombay.
- Ms. SrushtiJayantDeshmukh (Roll No. 0404032) is the topper among the women candidates securing an overall Fifth rank. She has graduated with B.E.(Chemical Engineering) from Rajiv Gandhi ProudyogikiVishwavidyalaya, Bhopal.
- The top 25 candidates comprise 15men and 10 women.
- Educational qualification-wise the top 25 candidates belong to subjects like Engineering; Sciences; Economics; Law; Mathematics; History; Political Science; Public administration and Commerce graduating from premier Institutions of the country such as IITs, NIT, NLU, BITS Pilani, DU, Mumbai University, Anna University, Pune University, etc.
- Optional subjects of the top 25 candidates in the examination ranged from Anthropology, Chemistry, Commerce & Accountancy, Geography, Law, Maths, History, Political Science & International Relations, Public Administration, Psychology, Sociology, and English Literature.
- The recommended candidates also include 36 Persons with Benchmark Disability (11 Orthopedically Handicapped; 12 Visually Challenged, 11 Hearing Impaired& 02 Multiple Disability).