Getting Started for Public Administration Mains
Apply These Tricks in Public Administration Mains Examination to Secure High Marks
There are certain ways to catch the questions in Mains examination. Apply following tricks in your Mains examination for getting secured high marks.
1. Practice Previous years and model question papers and get evaluated by an expert of the subject.
2. No read to read a book end- to -end except ‘Administrative Thinkers by Prasad and Prasad’.
3. Seriously read only few books for making your foundation otherwise other books are only for reference.
4. Magazines like ‘India Today/ Governance Now’ and Newspapers like ‘The Hindu/ The Indian Express’ can be helpful for you.
5. Prepare mnemonics sheets to remember various facts. Read them again and again,especially before the exam date.
6. Read case studies from The Hindu, Frontline,Yojana and EPW.
7. Recognise the context of question- It may be…..
Parliamentary vs Presidential Government
Fact vs Value Debate
Informal vs Formal Organisation etc.
8. Recognise the Statement Giver- This way you can….
….Guardians of traditions…… - Paul Pigors
….moral act and moral agent…. – Ordway Tead
……various kinds of theories have grown around…. – Peter Self
….discipline is in jeopardy ,order disturbed and stability threatened…. –Henri Fayol
…..quasi-federal…. – K C Wheare
9. Recognise the key words of question- e.g.
Question-“In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise his level of incompetence.” Comment.
It is Peter Principle (Statement Giver) and the context of the question is Training (level of incompetence requires an employee to be trained) and keywords are hierarchy, employee, level of incompetence. Make an interlinkages of all these three words and start writing your answer.
(A) Explain the meaning of all keywords of your question.
(B) Explain correlation of keyword with the understanding of entire sentence.
10. Analyse your answer- In the light of following concepts
(A) (Administrative) Structure
(B) (Administrative) Process
(C ) (Administrative) Behaviour
(C) (Administrative or Others) Ecological Frameworks
11. Go for Linkages – Linkages in question below can be e.g. Question-“In a hierarchy every employee tends to rise his level of incompetence.” Comment.
(a) Training and Employee
(b) Training and Hierarchy
(c) Training and level of incompetence
(d) Training and Promotion
12. Update your answer with latest developments of Seminars/Conferences related to Public Administration, enrich your answers with the administrative committees reports –National and International and Journals of Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA).
13. Use Diagram and Charts in your answer- It should be explained as per the requirements of the question.
IAS MAINS-PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION Online Coaching DEMO