Council of Scientific & Industrial Research
Combined Administrative Service Examination - 2013 (CSIR-CASE)
It is the golden opportunity for those whose optional subject is Public
Administration /Management/Political Science in UPSC, UPPSC , BPSC, RPSC etc.
CSIR is going to hold an All India Competitive examination. Administrative
Officer-Grade I at the following examination centers (CSIR)
Scheme of Examination:
Paper-I (Paper-I will be divided in two parts
A & B)
Part A – General Intelligence
Reasoning 20 Question-
Reasoning skill can’t be developed in one night. It’s a time taking
process. So you have to do practice, practice & more practice.
This paper will have 150 questions & 150 minutes, that means 1 question for
Time management is crucial:
- Focus on blood relations, sitting arrangement, data-interpretation etc.
Maths 20 Questions- Portal Books & R.S Agarwal’s book on Quantitative
- Focus on percentage, time speed distance, work.
- You can solve your basic query for NCERT class 7 to 10th Mathematics
Constitution of India (20 Questions):
3. General Awareness (40 Question):
- * The CSIR notification does not explicitly mention History, however
just for safe preparation History from
Paper-I Par B (English 50 Questions):
Paper - 2 (Management +
Human Resource + CCS + Public Administration) 150 Question 150 minutes
||Source & No. of Questions
|Central Civil Services (CCS) Rules 1964,
Financial Contract Management
|Human Resource Management (HR) Related
||40 Questions (IGNOU, BA, MA Course Material)
|Management (MBA) Related
||25 Questions Ashwathapa, L.N Prasad
|Public Administration (With Special Focus on RTI Act)
||25 Question (Indian Institute of Public Administration Journal (IIPA)
& Selective Study Notes of IGNOU BA (Pub. Adm.))
4. CSIR Officer:
Minimum qualification- Graduate
Last Date of Application & How to fill the form.
- There is a negative marking provision (0.25 for every wrong question).
- There will be no descriptive paper or essay in this exam.
Exam Selection Process
- Constitution of India
- English Grammer & Comprehension
- Office Manual
- Personal Rules
- Human Resource
- Public Administration