Civil Services Examination, 2016- Highlights
The final results of Civil Services Examination (CSE), 2016 has been declared today. The following are the highlights of the result:
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2016 was conducted on 7th August, 2016. 11,35,943 candidates applied for this examination, out of which 4,59,659 candidates actually appeared. 15,452 candidates qualified for appearance in the Written (Main) Examination held in December, 2016. Of these, 2,961 candidates qualified for the Personality Test conducted in March-May, 2016.
- A total of 1099 candidates (846 men and 253 women) including 44 Physically Handicapped candidates (22 Orthopedically Handicapped; 07 Visually Challenged and 15 Hearing Impaired) have been recommended by the Commission for appointment to various Services.
- A female candidate Ms. Nandini K.R. (Roll No. 134810) has topped the Civil Services Examination, 2016. She belongs to OBC category. She qualified the examination with Kannada Literature as her optional subject. She has graduated with BE (Civil Engg) degree from M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Shri Anmol Sher Singh Bedi (Roll No. 561724) is the topper among male candidates securing overall second rank. He has graduated with B.E. degree in Computer Science from BITS, Pilani.
- The top 25 candidates comprise of 18 men and 07 women.
- Educational qualification-wise the top 25 candidates comprise candidates belonging to Engineering; Sciences; Economics and Forestry background graduating from premier Institutions of the country such as IITs, NIT, ISM, BITS Pilani, VIT, MSRIT, DCE, DU, Anna University etc.
- Optional subjects of the top 25 candidates in the examination ranged from Animal Husbandry & Vet. Science, Anthropology, Economics, Elect. Engg, Geography, History, Mathematics, Political Science & International Relations, Public Administration, Psychology and Kannada & Telugu Literature.