AP PSC PAPERS : Group -I Mains Examination Paper-III
(Indian Economy & AP Economy)
Note: The question paper is in three sections. The candidate has to answer 15 questions with compulsorily 5 questions from each section. Each question carries 10 marks.
Section – I
1. (a) Discuss the difficulties faced in measuring the developmental level of economy and justify whether the current method of measurement in India overcomes the difficulties.
(b) Discuss briefly the major changes involved in the recent revision in the base year and method of national income accounting.
2. (a) Eleventh five year plan identified the weaknesses on the employment front during the period of reforms. Describe them.
(b) Discuss briefly the guiding principles in setting up the NITI Aayog.
3. (a) Explain the possible limitations in the strategy for poverty alleviation adopted by the Government of India.
(b) Discuss the possible consequences of rural unemployment on the society and suggest two effective remedial measures.
4. (a) Discuss briefly the recommendations of the expert committee constituted “To revise and strengthen the monetary policy framework".
(b) Explain the need for emergence of Regional rural banks, and discuss the problems faced by them and the corresponding revisions made.
5. (a) Describe the highlights of Fiscal Reforms and Budget Management Act 2003
(b) Discuss the concept of revenue deficit and effective revenue deficit and justify the reasons for introducing effective revenue deficit. Give the details of the expected revenue deficit & the effective revenue deficit by the fiscal
2016-17, as per the Union Budget 2013-14.
Section – II
6. (a) Analyse the possible reasons for placing ceilings on agricultural holdings. Give two possible disadvantages to the economy due to such ceilings.
(b) Explain the need to enact the Andhra Pradesh Land Licensed Cultivators Act, 2011 and discuss the problems faced in meeting the objective of enacting the Act.
7. (a) Describe the strategies being adopted by Andhra Pradesh to achieve the mission on agriculture extension program.
(b) Detail the key four pillars, the project components, beneficiaries and key result indicators of Andhra Pradesh rural inclusive growth project
8 (a) Discuss the trends in the literacy rates in Andhra Pradesh.
(b) “Employment opportunities through Jawahar Knowledge Centres”-Explain how the Andhra Pradesh Government expects to meet its objective through this program.
9 (a) Explain the distinct aspect of Annual Budget for 2016-17 of Andhra Pradesh. Discuss the reasons for revenue deficit and fiscal deficit in residuary AP.
(b) The proportion of revenue receipts and total budgetary receipts as percentage of GSDP increased during the period 2002-2007 and declined during 2008-14. Explain the factors contributed for such trend.
10 (a) Discuss the performance of agriculture sector during the 11th plan period and reasons for such performance.
(b) List all the flagship programmes of Central Government implemented by the State during the 11th plan period and state the objective of the programs in one sentence.
Section – III
11 (a) Discuss salient features of Andhra Pradesh Industrial Investment Promotion Policy - 2015-20.
(b) Explain the need for the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority Bill 2014 and describe its salient features.
12 (a) Discuss the recent initiatives taken to help farmers to increase productivity levels in agriculture.
(b) “Fair Price Shop Automation and portability within a District “– discuss the possible advantages of these changes in public distribution system.
13 (a) Describe the salient features of Polavaram irrigation project and explain its benefits.
(b) Explain the salient features and benefits of the PPP model of health services provided under Dr NTR Vaidya Seva programme.
14.(a)Discuss the highlights of farmers’ debt redemption scheme implemented in Andhra Pradesh and its benifits
(b) “An Indian peasant is born in debt, lives in debt and dies in debt”. In this context, explain the problems faced by the rural population in getting the loans from institutional and non-institutional sources in AP and how they get
into debt trap and poverty.
15 (a) Explain the e-pragati initiative of Andhra Pradesh and its benefits.
(b) “Smart village - Smart ward towards Smart Andhra Pradesh” - Explain
<< Go Back to Main Page