(Success Story) UPSC 2020 TOPPER, AIR-16 Arth Jain On How He Cracked UPSC Exams
From the heart of India’s mainland, Arth Jain of Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh found himself on the final merit list of UPSC Civil Services 2020, at an all-India rank of 16. He is the son of IPS officer Mr. Mukesh Jain, currently the Madhya Pradesh state’s transport commissioner. This was Arth’s second attempt. In his first attempt, he was unable to crack prelims. Instead of losing hope, Arth decided to step up his preparation and has made his friends and family proud this year. Arth is an alumnus of IIT Delhi’s Mechanical Engineering Department and has been preparing for the civil services since his second year.
Arth’s 7 Tips To Crack UPSC CSE
- The very first step for an aspirant is to understand the UPSC SYLLABUSand exam pattern. It gives an aspirant a holistic view of the examination.
- Revision is key and he cannot stress this enough. Revise the daily lessons, and have a weekly and monthly revision schedule. Only by revising can you remember more things.
- Try to section the syllabus according to your interest. Assign more time to sections that you are weak in. Assign a big chunk of your preparation time to your UPSC OPTIONAL. Do not choose your optional based on popular opinion but your area of interest alone.
- There is no alternative to practice when it comes to answer writing. Regular answer writing will improve your answers drastically. Read UPSC Topper’s Answers in order to gain a fair idea of how to structure and stylize your answers for the best result.
- Newspapers are a must for current affairs. Monthly magazines are a revision tool. Use NCERT Books to supplement the background information needed in order to understand a certain piece of news for better results.
- Mock tests allow you to understand your potential as well as enhance your confidence. Take as many mock tests as you can, especially for prelims. It helps you understand your strengths and weaknesses, at the same time giving you a view of your number of attempts and accuracy. Similarly, for mains, it helps you learn how best to structure your answer as well as improve your writing speed and presentation.
- For the interview, a good idea is to attend mock interviews arranged by coaching classes across the country. The idea is to get familiarised with thinking on the spot and being able to articulate your knowledge to the best of your abilities.
Finally, wherever you are preparing from, whether you are in a hostel or staying at home, one of the mitigating factors that affect your preparation is the environment you are in. Being surrounded by supportive people and being in a positive environment impact your performance greatly/ So stay motivated and keep up the hard work. You too will achieve your goal.
Best of Luck.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UPSC TOPPERS NOTES